[BUG] reloading projects results in mangled images

Hans Baveco Saskia Visser visser.baveco at hccnet.nl
Tue Jul 2 19:49:01 UTC 2002

Yes, but this should be an image with the fix loaded (latest update 4904).
Checked it again using only this image to save and load, with a series of
jpgs, gifs and bmps in a bookmorph:
some of them (a gif and a bmp) still had garbled colors. Also Squeak tried
to access the internet looking for a server with the name of the project -
something it shouldn't do because the whole project is stored on disk.

Hans

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 03:21 am, I wrote
> Storing and reloading Projects with images (gifs and jpgs)
> (reloading in the same and other squeak images) results often in
> images (sketchmorphs) with badly mangled colors (looking like
> color-negatives).
> I remember having experienced this several times before.
> The strange thing is that - delving a bit deeper this time - when
> opening the project file with eg winzip the images are there, still
> intact, looking the way they should!
> So I guess this problem has only to do with how images are loaded
> from .pr files?
>
> Fixing this would make squeak a lot more useful for presentations!

and Ned Konz answered:

Look back a day or so in my reply to the message "[BUG] A blue
painting is changed into a black one when a project is saved"...

 http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1259238

It looks like CS 4892resourceColorFix-raa fixes the reading side of
this problem by retaining the color map.