Balloon3D problem

David Duke D.Duke at bath.ac.uk
Wed Jul 3 14:24:23 UTC 2002

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> I filed in your B3DCone class and changed one line in
> B3DSceneMorph>>createDefaultScene

Thanks for looking at it.  If you took the first version of B3DCone that
I posted, it would explain the strange shape.

I'm now in the following situation:

- If I start squeak, then immediately run B3DSceneMorph, with B3DCone as
the geometry in place of B3DBox (see below), I get a segmentation violation;

- If I start squeak, run B3DSceneMorph with B3DBox as the geometry, THEN
edit B3DSceneMorph, changing the geometry to be B3DCone, the cone is
rendered fine.

The change, to B3DSceneMorph>>createDefaultScene, is
to replace the line

sceneObj geometry: (B3DBox from: (-0.7 at -0.7@-0.7) to: (0.7 at 0.7@0.7).

sceneObj geometry: (B3DCone radius: 1.0 height: 1.0).

It seems as if something that is initialized by B3DBox is not being
initialized by B3DCone.  However I've gone through the two classes
several times (and there are, after all, only 3 instance methods and 2
class methods in each), and can't locate any significant difference.  In
my earlier version of B3DCone I did not specify texCoords for vertices
-- it isn't clear whether they are required by the renderer.  I did
updated the B3DCone>>renderOn: method to include calling texCoords for
each vertex, however it has not dealt with the problem.

David