Balloon3D problem

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Jul 3 16:58:51 UTC 2002

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:49:24 +0100 David Duke <D.Duke at bath.ac.uk> wrote:
>However, this doesn't address the real question: why does running
>B3DSampleMorph with my B3DCone as geometry work only after running
>B3DBox as geometry?

This doesn't seem to be a problem on the Mac. I made the change and the cone ran as the first 3D object.

>Could anyone expand on how/where glInitialize is
>being invoked, and why stDisplay might be ?

glInitialize is called (by another name) from B3DAcceleratorPlugin>>initialiseModule (which, of course has been converted to C and compiled as part of the VM/plugin).

>> I have tested Squeak without the 3D plugin and Squeak will
>> then fall back on the smalltalk version of the plugin and that
>> is not very snappy.
>

>As a result of the above, I'm assuming that I'm running the actual plug-in.

Don't. Open the preferences, go to the performance section and turn on "higher performance". See if that helps.

Cheers,
Bob