3.2 gamma handoff

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 3 20:55:56 UTC 2002

So 3.2 "final" is very close now, and this is a final call for
complaints, suggestions, and problem reports.

Andrew kindly sent wording for the rights/openness paragraph.

I have been fleshing out and proofreading the contents of the ReadMe
and Welcome windows.

Nobody has mentioned any issues regarding the 3.2gamma4 image
recently posted, so at this point that 3.2gamma4 represents
*precisely* the code base of the putative 3.2-final release, and
3.2-final will primarily differ from 3.2gamma4 only in the contents
of the first-screen windows, plus having had a few standard
last-minute-cleanup expressions evaluated.

Indeed, there has been no feedback whatsoever regarding 3.2gamma4,
leaving me uncertain whether this represents "gamma burnout" -- i.e.,
nobody is using it -- or whether this bespeaks a satisfied community
of gamma4 users who can attest to the absence of gotchas.

If *anybody* out there has used 3.2gamma4 and has any experiences to
report, positive or negative or neutral, I would really appreciate
hearing from you -- off-list is fine, unless there are issues worth
bringing to the attention of the mailing list.

Thanks,

   -- Scott