3.2 gamma handoff

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 3 23:47:08 UTC 2002

At 3:53 PM -0700 7/3/02, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>  > If *anybody* out there has used 3.2gamma4 and has any experiences to
>>  report, positive or negative or neutral, I would really appreciate
>>  hearing from you -- off-list is fine, unless there are issues worth
>>  bringing to the attention of the mailing list.
>Err, I hadn't even noticed such a release, so I haven't even looked at
>it...

Hi Tim,

Gamma4 replaced gamma3 on the server earlier this week, after it was
discovered that gamma3 had an unusually nasty bug which could destroy
the image any time a snapshot was made.

The thread concerning this -- which you probably *did* notice -- was
titled "URGENT WARNING -- Don't snapshot! (was: "What is this
error?")", and the gamma4 announcement came out day-before-yesterday:

Cheers,

   -- Scott