Will StrongTalk revitalize Smalltalk ?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 4 15:02:23 UTC 2002

> The discussion was about visibility. The website looks dead, that's true.
> But usenet isn't the solution.
>
> What about a slashdot-like news page. We could put up every little thingy
> that gets done (e.g. new snapshots that get posted, pointers to good
> articles on the Mailinglist, new goodies, ...).
> So everyone visiting squeak.org would at once could see that "lots of
> stuff is happening".
How about a page (clearly pointed from the front page) that has an
archive of the last few days list messags? That would provide date and
activity cues and recent news all in one. Have an auto update process
running somewhere maybe once or twice a day to keep it fresh.

Likewise on the downloads page, it must surely be possible to arrange
things so that it can point directly to the latest test-pilot image
along with a date as well as the latest 'probably safe' and 'really
pretty solid' images.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BLI: Branch and Loop Infinite