Significance of "data was late"

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Jul 5 02:01:46 UTC 2002

While getting the latest updates my transcript shows a bunch of
messages "data was late" and a few "data was slow".  Is this anything
to be concerned about?

I have a dialup connection and another download was going, so the
errors are not surprising.  I just want to be sure that this doesn't
mean the updates were corrupted.  Looking at some of the code that
sends this (in FTPSocket and HTTPSocket) I see it prints the warning,
but then goes on.  The code that follows looks as if it still is
trying to assemble the data, which is what concerns me.  I suspect the
code does nothing because it finds 0 bytes read, and it is clearly in
a loop that keeps trying.  But I just want to be sure...

Thanks.