Squeak.org Website (Was Re: Will StrongTalk revitalize Smalltalk ?)

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Fri Jul 5 07:40:33 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 12:35:20PM +1000, Russell Allen wrote:
> And then, just go our merry way with the most democratic homepage of any
> language :) :)
>
> The only problem that I can see is the question of hosting - does minnow
> have the capacity to serve out the traffic that squeak.org gets?
> Alternatively, does the machine squeak.org is currently on have the
> ability to run a swiki?
>
> I am happy to help out with any of this process.
>
> Comments?

I wouldn't like to go that far... there are strange people out there...
imagine a story about Squeak gets posted to slashdot. (And that will happen
some time in the future). With only an editable Wiki as squeak.org, we will
have problems. Vandalism would be one, load is another...

It may be good to move more content to the wiki and manage it there, but
I'd think we should keep at least some pages as static html.
(And we should keep a good layout: The Wiki layout doesn't look as good
as the front page we have IMHO)

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeakland.org