freezing 3.2gamma4

Baveco, Hans J.M.Baveco at Alterra.wag-ur.nl
Mon Jul 8 07:01:03 UTC 2002

Thanks Ian,

I will try these fixes. Shouldn't they go into the update-stream?

BTW How can the problem mentioned below result in crashing the VM?

Hans

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, Baveco,  Hans wrote:
> Don't know what went wrong, but I managed to freeze the image a couple of
> times the last few days, always with the same symptoms.

I've also had debuggers pop up when changing (asynchronously) the geometry
of morphs in the window under the pointer.  The problem seems to be
related to mouse over handling which makes assumptions that are a little
too liberal about the stabililty of the window contents w.r.t. the
handler's "left/over/enteredMorphs" sets.

Adding a few isNil tests to a couple of methods fixes it for me.  Changes
below (and attached just in case of line-end confusion).

Ian