SqueakNic 2 report

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Jul 8 16:47:58 UTC 2002

Hi Alexandre,

> A SqueakNic took place on the 22th of June at the University of Bern.
> Also, a report could be accessed on :
>
> http://scgwiki.iam.unibe.ch:8080/SCG/467

    Many thanks for the report. It's really great to know that there are
quite a bit of activities at SqueakNic.

    'When Modularity Meets Smalltalk' raised my understanding of the
modularizing effort  above 'the greatest whole number less than one'. :-)

    It's quite encouraging to know that Joseph Pelrine is still doing things
for Squeak.

    Gee, don't I dream that someday people like Joseph, Henrik and the
pioneers for a modular Squeak (aka StableSqueak) will all appear on the
[Sqmodules] list together with all others who believes in a modular Squeak.

    Hi Diego, Alejandro,

        Thanks for the Videocam. It's nice to see how you made the plugin
cross platform and the platform specific part is done through FFI.

    One little problem tho, when I tried to file in
'VideoPlaying-dgd.10.cs', I got a timestamp problem. Please find attached
the log file.

    Best wishes to SqueakNic and the coming SqueakCamp.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.