[ANN] Squeak 3.2gamma5 on server

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Mon Jul 8 22:06:50 UTC 2002

Here comes another 3.2 gamma, the final 3.2 gamma, the final *final* 3.2 gamma.

Eight updates published to 3.3a last Thursday are now fitted into
this new gamma5.  (They'll also come into older gamma images when you
load updates now.)

There are substantial changes to the text in the initial-screen's
windows.  Almost all of Dan's original text and organization and
style are still present and still form the backbone of this
information, but I have made corrections and revisions and additions.
Ted kindly provided a workable Flash url for the Welcome window.  And
Andrew's revised license wording is used.

This is theoretically code-complete *and* content complete.  The
"Release Countdown" window shows the four remaining steps that will
theoretically transform this 3.2gamma5 image into the formal release:

[ ] SystemVersion newVersion:  'Squeak 3.2'.
[ ] Remove "gamma5' from the title at the top of the Welcome to... window
[ ] Dismiss this "Release Countdown" window.
[ ] Save as "Squeak3.2.image"

Dan is about to be back from his vacation, I think, so perhaps we can
yet have his hands be the final *final* hands on the release, if he
wishes.

Wednesday morning (July 10,) if no new issues have come to light, and
if there are no objections heard from the Squeak list, and if Dan
does not disagree, I propose to apply those final four steps to a
copy of this 3.2gamma5 image, thus producing Squeak 3.2, which we
would then put on the server as the official release.  Finally.
Maybe.

Cheers,

   -- Scott