Weekend Project Update [was: log me in!]

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Tue Jul 9 09:17:11 UTC 2002

Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
> The telnet stuff should now work on Mac and Windows too (assuming they
> implement Socket>>setOption:value: correctly) but please let me know
> if you try it on these platforms, since I haven't.

Telnet appears to work fine for me on MacOS X + Squeak3.2gamma4881.image
+ Squeak 3.2.6 beta 8 VM on an initial trial.

The font is a great improvement!

> PPS: If there's a real interest in this stuff then I could be persuaded
>      to add some pages to a swiki explaining it all.

Yes, definately.  Please.

One minor suggestion: I would prefer the menu for the terminal to be a
popup menu within the window/morph rather then as an extension to the
menu in the window label; especially if this would mean that the
terminal could be opened as a straight morph rather then in a window.

Regards,

Russell