Squeak as a desktop

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Jul 10 16:14:25 UTC 2002

On 10 Jul 2002, Jason Rogers wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 11:01, Aaron J Reichow wrote:
> > I was doing just that on top of Mac OS X.  The only thing I was leaving
> > Squeak for was a web browser.  So, I switched to Debian, figuring that OS
> > X is overkill if all you're using is OmniWeb and Squeak.  Now I'm using
> > Squeak and Opera, and them in the same workspace, two tabs in ion. :)
>
> Do you mean to say that you had Opera running in Squeak or Squeak
> running in Opera or something else?

Oh, I wish I could have Opera running in Squeak. :)  I am running the Ion
window manager on Linux, with Squeak and Ion each in their own workspace-
I can switch between them by Shift-Alt-[1|2].

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l. king jr.