{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Wed Jul 10 21:10:59 UTC 2002

On Thursday, October 11, 2001, at 08:08 AM, John Hinsley wrote:

> As to the Alt & Ctrl keypress debate, I'm actually happy enough with it
> as it is. While I've no objection  to some swap around appearing as a
> preference, I'd like Squeak, by default, to operate the same on all OSs.

I must agree with this sentiment.  I use Squeak on at least four
different platforms, regularly transferring and changing images between
them.  For me, one of Squeak's most appealing features is its
pixel-for-pixel identical execution cross-platform and virtual identity
of user interface traits.  Far more than Java, truly "write-once,
run-everywhere."  I would be horrified to lose this benefit.