[Unix] 3.2-4

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Thu Jul 11 03:42:14 UTC 2002

Folks,

3.2-4 is in the usual place.

This one is mainly for the BSD folks.  It fixes some portability issues in
the PTY plugin (I've built and tested it on GNU/Linux, NetBSD and Solaris,
and I'm hopeful that it will compile out of the box and work on almost any
Unix now), ties up the last of the loose ends in BSD build and fixes
occasional core dumps when AsyncFiles are left open across snapshot.

Since 3.2-3:

* PtyPlugin rewritten to use either /dev/ptmx or openpty(), as
  availablility permits.  (It turns out that ptmx isn't available
  in BSD.)

* Minor tweaks to build process (thanks to Steve Elkins for spotting
  the problem).

* A couple of buglets fixed in AsynchFilePlugin (the *class*, not the
  support code) to prevent core dumps when AsyncFiles are left open
  across snapshot.  (I'll send the changes to John Mc who was, I
  believe, the original author.  [Please correct me if this isn't so.
  In any case, a fileout is in my devel/fixes dir.]  The modifications
  are already in the new 3.2-4 Unix VM source/binaries [because I've had
  several core dumps from these bugs recently].)

* Pre-compiled binary for NetBSD.

That's it.  Enjoy!  (BSD fanatics in particular. ;)

Ian