Squeak as a desktop

Stan Heckman stan at stanheckman.com
Fri Jul 12 12:39:50 UTC 2002

Switching Squeak to full screen mode in Ion (using the menus, not the
command line switch) painted a white screen plus one Squeak window
(the Change Sorter, I think) in a rectangle that was almost the full
size of my physical screen, just a few pixels shy on the right and on
the bottom. These few pixels would be exactly enough to hold the
border and tabs that Ion would normally draw around the
window. Reaching into this few pixel area to grab an Ion tab and
sweeping that tab over this white rectangle revealed the rest of my
windows, but as before, if I do anything in those windows no changes
are painted to the display until I damage the region with one of Ion's
tabs.

This is more of a curiosity than a problem; I'm reasonably happy with
Sawfish.

--
Stan