Squeak Swiki Destructive Grafitti

John Hinsley johnhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 17:10:26 UTC 2002

On Friday 12 Jul 2002 6:49 am, David Brown wrote:
> > OK, so it's Snorkman we're after?
>
> Snorkman's one of them, but not the only one.  Someone deleted all the " a
> "'s off the front page, and some other pages.
>
> There's at least 2-3 people uploading images all the time.  They're not as
> bad, it's easy to delete what they do.  It's just annoying.

If you take a note of the offending IP addresses and email them to me (off
list) I'll do a whois on them.

I wonder if we need to place a warning on the front page to the effect that:

The sandpit is here --->

Defacing a swiki is about as skillful as robbing a house when the owner has
given you the key and gone on holiday for a fortnight

Persistent offenders can easily be tracked and are likely to be disconnected
from their ISP or loose their user rights

"Real" hackers should take a C course and go to http://www.phrack.org

Cheers

John