[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Mon Jul 15 12:07:14 UTC 2002

I've only just begun playing with BobsUI and I must say, it's very nice...I
certainly wish there was a 'standard' widget-like set of classes (like BobsUI)
in the default Squeak image.  I know that relatively 'simple' things like
creating a text entry box that accepts anything typed into it without an
explicit "carriage return" (accept) has stymied me in the past..but obviously,
the BobsUI rolodex example does it properly (had I known about it, I would have
used it in a previous project).

In my Morphic experimentations, I learned the lion's share from examining
some of the simpler examples in the image (like Tetris).  The white book
filled in most of the details from there.  Of course, there are still things
that cause me no end of grief...like SystemWindow, for example. :)