[Squeak] Need for GUI-Building-Tool

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Mon Jul 15 12:25:08 UTC 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Diego Gomez Deck wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [snip]
> >P.S.: I like squeak. But some on this list have the "linuxguru syndrome".
>
> Yes... I feel the same. :(

Linux guru syndrome? "Volunteering tons of one's times, energy, and
expertise to help people who irritate you by whining about how you don't
meet *their* needs completely?"

Only half-smiley.

On the subject of gui builders, I've found using scamper to render HTML to
be a not ineffective way to make forms...it's hooking them up to apps
that's a bit tricky, if doable. I started hacking on a version of BobsUI
to add a PluggableText widget, as that was the only thing missing, that I
saw (ok, table support) for really nice forms in scamper.

My impression is that this isn't very much work to pull together.

Cheers,
Bijan "Back from the dead and feeling grumpy" Parsia.