Squeak 3.2 is out!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jul 17 10:29:40 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 06:07:23PM -0700, Dan Ingalls wrote:
> Folks -
>
> I have just put out the final release of Squeak 3.2.  Many thanks to
> everyone who contributed code, suggestions, and testing.  A special
> thanks also to Scott Wallace who called my attention to numerous omissions
> and who sat in the hot seat himself for a time.

Great! Thank you and thanks to all the contributors.

A side note on unzipping: "unzip -a unzip Squeak3.2.zip" took care of
the <cr><lf> problem quite nicely on my Linux system. Other platforms
may have similar ways of dealing with it. So if anyone else spent a long
time downloading the original zip file, try this before you delete it
and start over.

Dave

p.s. I like the new "Word of Caution" on the opening screen. I suspect
that this will change some of the initial reactions from "what the heck
is going on here?" into "hey wait minute, I'm a pretty clever person,
I'll bet I can figure this thing out."