Now I'm really confused :-(

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 17 21:27:47 UTC 2002

Stale code, yes.

I wrote #disableProgrammerFacilities more than three years ago,
specifically to configure a video-game-like application at Disney
Online.

The citation at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/778 is based on a
posting I made to the Squeak list on 10 Jan 2000 -- thirty months
ago! -- and it was accurate at the time.

But since the big event rewrite of autumn 2000, the preference
"cmdGesturesEnabled" is no longer being consulted during event
dispatch.  That's why the menus and halos are not being disabled.

   -- Scott