Now I'm really confused :-(

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 17 21:37:46 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 02:27 pm, Scott Wallace wrote:
> Stale code, yes.
>
> I wrote #disableProgrammerFacilities more than three years ago,
> specifically to configure a video-game-like application at Disney
> Online.
>
> The citation at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/778 is based on
> a posting I made to the Squeak list on 10 Jan 2000 -- thirty months
> ago! -- and it was accurate at the time.
>
> But since the big event rewrite of autumn 2000, the preference
> "cmdGesturesEnabled" is no longer being consulted during event
> dispatch.  That's why the menus and halos are not being disabled.

Scott, I'm coming up with a CS to fix this (since I need it too).

What do we think that cmdGesturesEnabled should suppress?

I'm in favor of suppressing:
* halos
* meta-menus
* world menu(s) (though maybe this should be a separate pref in case
someone wants to override the world menu)

And I'd like to make the cmdKeysInText not suppress some keys (I was
thinking about keeping a Preference with the list of valid cmd keys
in the text).

Also, why are there "hard coded" prefs? This gets in the way of
a "end user" theme.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com