WinCE on HPC/Pro: not using all the display?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 20 05:32:06 UTC 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 10:13 pm, I wrote:
> However, the bottom of the display
> has a stripe that it's not painting, about 20 pixels or so tall.

Actually, that was because something on my machine had stopped
running. It looked better after a reset. Sorry...

Has anyone figured out how to make Morphic faster on very slow
machines like these?

I've just compared a 2.7 image, a 3.0 image, and the 3.2 image on the
same VM.

There's a very noticeable change in responsiveness in later versions:
the time it takes to bring up a menu, for instance, is at least a
second longer in 3.2 than in 3.0.

And 3.0 is slower than 2.7.

Something that seems to be fixed in 3.2 is the MVC window resizing on
touch screens; it used to get confused because there were no
mouse-over events. It seems to work correctly now.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com