problem running Squeak on Linux under Enlightenment

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Jul 23 15:38:58 UTC 2002

Hi Jason,

On 23 Jul 2002, Jason Rogers wrote:
> 3. The image begins to resize itself (shrinking)
> 4. Refresh tries to keep up (consequently I all see is a flickering
> black screen)

Sounds like what's happening is that Squeak and enlightenment are fighting
over what size the window should be.  Squeak is quite stubborn about this,
so if the WM is stubborn about it too there might be a problem.

Are you in a position to recompile from source?  If so I'll send you a
sqXWin.c with some debugging code in it to track what the WM is trying to
tell Squeak to do with its window.  (I can't test this myself since I
don't have enlightenemt installed: not enough disk space to cope with all
the klutz that comes with it, not to mention the vast amounts of extra
swap I'd need to partition and configure to run it afterwards... ;)

Regards,

Ian