Swiki locked

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 24 14:42:10 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 02:38:20PM -0400, Stephen Pair wrote:
> Lex,
>
> In the same breath you say "The last thing we need is for *fewer* people
> to be editting the system" and "I don't see why it matters how good
> Scamper is at visiting complicated web sites -- we were only talking
> about using it for *swikis*".
>
> I think these two points of view are mutually exclusive.  If you
> restrict swiki access to scamper, *fewer* people will be editing swikis.

I was just replying to someone that said that Scamper's lack of things
like Javascript would be a barrier.  It's not.  Swiki's don't
have HTML that is that complicated.  (Well, the Squeak swiki
doesn't.)

Restricting to Scamper would indeed decrease the number.  Then again,
putting a handy link to the Swiki from inside Squeak would increase the
number, maybe more than even the initial decrease.

Anyway, the best way forward seems to be to do a Squeak-specific
thing.  And in fact, we have a SuperSwiki already.  So why doesn't
it get used like a Swiki?  For example, people hardly ever make
links between projects.

-Lex