[pws] project swiki and new plugin: BEGGING FOR HELP

John Voiklis voiklis at redfigure.org
Wed Jul 24 21:00:18 UTC 2002

This is an exchange I had with Michael Rueger on the PWS list regarding the
incompatibilities between the new plugin and the most recent swiki (the one
that includes squeaak project pages). I am begging for help.

> Not sure what changed, but the underlying bug is that nextPutAll:
> inconsistently returns the stream or the argument depending on the
> receiver class. It would be better style IMHO(!!) to not rely on the
> return value on nextPutAll: but to keep the stream in a temp var.

Beyond etoys and swiki, I'm a knucklehead when it comes to programming
squeak. If any real programmers want to help me and, possibly,
swiki-central. I  have attached the guilty, but oh so necessary code.

> Hmm, this one works fine for me, Netscape 7, Windows, fully updated
> plugin image.

You're right; I hadn't updated the image yet. Thanks

Thanks,

John

Not sure what changed, but the underlying bug is that nextPutAll:
inconsistently returns the stream or the argument depending on the
receiver class. It would be better style IMHO(!!) to not rely on the
return value on nextPutAll: but to keep the stream in a temp var.

> Here is an instance of an imaged swiki:
>
> http://workshop.madeleinelengle.org/sandbox/9

Hmm, this one works fine for me, Netscape 7, Windows, fully updated
plugin image.

Michael

--

  "All of life's big problems include the words 'indictment' or
  'inoperable'. Everything else is small stuff." -- Alton Brown