windows 3.2 package

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Jul 24 21:39:48 UTC 2002

Boris,

My apologies for not having read your earlier memo carefully enough
-- I thought you were speaking of condensing *changes* whereas in
fact you were condensing *sources*.  That's why I had not been able
to reproduce the condensing bug you reported.

I believe that the "fixAllCat-sw" fileout I sent out earlier today
(or, I presume equivalently, the fileout I just noticed that Ned Konz
also posted this afternoon concerning the same issue,) when applied
to any image, will cleanse it of those errantly-classified methods,
which should allow a #condenseSources to proceed without problems.

Some motivated individual could try to fix up #condenseSources so
that it did not trip on this condition.  But it would involve a lot
less work (and we run condenseSources only about once every two
years, after all) if we simply invoke "Utilities
fixUpProblemsWithAllCategory" right before condensing sources.

Cheers,

   -- Scott