Googling for Wiki Abuse

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Thu Jul 25 01:49:33 UTC 2002

It's amazing what you can find by plugging "wiki abuse" into Google:

Here's a wiki summarizing various peer review methods, including the
Slashdot system and the Kuro5hin system:

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?MetaModeration

Ward Cunningham's Wiki has a section on abuse that pretty much summarizes
the current tactic we're using now (scroll down):

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhyWikiWorks

Rusty (of kuro5hin.org) has some thoughts of his own..I like what he
says about "abuse will happen--I want there to be tools in place
to survive it." (Keep in mind that Kuro5hin.org was laid low by a
rather severe hacker attack that forced them offline for quite a while):

http://lists.infoanarchy.org/pipermail/p2pj/2001-March/000079.html