The car script

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 25 18:58:29 UTC 2002

On Thursday 25 July 2002 11:40 am, Karl Ramberg wrote:
> The thingy I did looks for the ASKII number of the key, it also
> give you the key number in the playfield key pressed player
> category.

Ah, good.

> Having a key type would be nice though.

The problem that I can see is that the comparison operators in the
scripting system only deal with Number types.

I suppose someone could hunt around for how to add this to SymbolList
or other enumerated types, but I have no idea how this would be done.

I think another (easy to do, but less well-integrated) solution would
be to have a separate key notifier object that watches the keyboard
events and triggers scripts in other Morphs.

Its display could be something like:

Key    Down/Up   RecipientName  script
<up>   Down      SomeMorph      goUp
<down> Down      SomeMorph      goDown