A problem hindering SmallTalk's popularity:

Diego Coronel dcoronel at expweb.biz
Thu Jul 25 21:15:01 UTC 2002

Hi Lily,

Tell a VB6 senior programmer to solve this:
1000 factorial

or this:
AClass allInstances

or this:
10000000 timesRepeat: [aCollection add: anObject]

while he is working you will have time to read the Purple Book thousands of
times ;-)
Smalltalk is too much bigger than VB, that's the problem; and in my short
experience in ST (and long in VB) I found myself reading Smalltalk classes
more than Smalltalk books.