building squeak on OSX

Arjen van Elteren a.vanelteren at chello.nl
Sat Jul 27 16:56:22 UTC 2002

Andrew C. Greenberg heeft op vrijdag 26 juli 2002 om 02:22 het volgende
geschreven:

> Yeah, its a pain in the but -- I'm working on improving the doco.  Check
> the readme in /platforms/Mac OS/vm, which has a step-by-step for an older
> version.
Great.

> You will get sick if you don't remember to:
> 	1) load all the changesets, before rebuilding the interpreter
went OK
> 	2) gnuify the interpreter
yep
> 	3) move the pb folder to your squeak folder (apparently you have)
Yes I did, no problem.

> Then, I suggest deleting the files in sources, and add groups
> corresponding to the src folder, the Mac OS folder and the Cross folder.
> Follow the instructions for boxes to uncheck and build.
I deleted all files and added Cross + Mac OS + src. I was confused because
this results in a different set-up from the previous sources (in "red").
But in the end all went OK and I was able to build it easily. Thx!

One question remains, I've build squeak on linux several times at least a
year ago and if I remember correctly external plugins would become library
".so" files. I couldn't find any libs in the App folder where did those
plugins go (all should be external) ?

Arjen