building squeak on OSX

Arjen van Elteren a.vanelteren at chello.nl
Sat Jul 27 23:14:45 UTC 2002

Ian Piumarta heeft op zaterdag 27 juli 2002 om 20:58 het volgende
geschreven:

> On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Arjen van Elteren wrote:
>> One question remains, I've build squeak on linux several times at least
>> year ago and if I remember correctly external plugins would become library
>> ".so" files. I couldn't find any libs in the App folder
>
> Like Andrew says, maybe there aren't any.  OTOH, last time I looked (a
> very long time ago) MacOS X called them ".dl" instead of ".so".  They
> might be lurking under a different name.

Well after some investigation (trying to build my own plugin) I found out
the plugins are indeed all internal. The strange thing is,  the plugins are
set as external in the VMMaker (this is following instructions in the Mac
OS readme).  Maybe the instuctions should be changed, this should also
remove the copying of sqNamedPrims.h ?

Arjen
PS It's .dynlib in OSX and none are produced in the current project builder
project.