building squeak on OSX

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Sat Jul 27 23:30:40 UTC 2002

At 2:38 PM -0400 7/27/02, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
>On Saturday, July 27, 2002, at 12:56 PM, Arjen van Elteren wrote:
>
>>One question remains, I've build squeak on linux several times at
>>least a year ago and if I remember correctly external plugins would
>>become library ".so" files. I couldn't find any libs in the App
>>folder where did those plugins go (all should be external) ?
>
>I think the PB project you are using is for building internals only.
>Perhaps someone else can chime in and inform us how to build an
>external plugin for MacOS X?

I've built external plugins for 3.2g on MacOS X, but not from
vmmaker, just my own plugin, so this might not be applicable to your
situation...

I have a folder with the following:

 From sourceForge (IIRC, it has been almost six months since I put
this together):
	sqconfig.h
	sqPlatformSpecific.h
	sqVirtualMachine.h

Generated source from my plugin class:
	VisualInputPlugin.c

VisualInputPlugin.pbproj

Directories made by ProjectBuilder:
	build
	English.lproj

I think I just made a new project in ProjectBuilder, of type "Carbon
bundle", added my four source files, and everything else is default.

The final product, in the build directory, is
	VisualInputPlugin.bundle
Putting this in the same directory with the VM works fine.

Hope this helps,

-Martin