A problem hindering SmallTalk's popularity:

i r thomas israelrt at optushome.com.au
Sun Jul 28 00:26:53 UTC 2002

>it is quite clear from my experience, as reported above, that it is
>NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST DIFFICULT, NOT AT ALL for a Smalltalk programmer
>with ___very___ modest experience to find out everything necessary and
>put the pieces together in just a few minutes.  ....I am a complete novice at
>doing things with Morphic.  This is the first time in my life I have ever
>used a button in any Smalltalk dialect.

Richard,   I have the deepest respect for you ( I used to hunt out and read your messages in
comp.lang.prolog back in the 80's.)
However, I am afraid that this is a trifle disingenuous.

Although you are a novice at Morphic, you have far more computer science and software development experience than most people around.

I would suggest that Lilly ( the student who had difficulty with radio buttons ) and her teacher
are extremely unlikely to be within several orders of magnitude of your competence and knowledge.

( I am assuming that you are the Richard O'Keefe of Quintus Prolog fame and who wrote The Craft of Prolog )