building squeak on OSX

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Jul 28 00:22:48 UTC 2002

>On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Arjen van Elteren wrote:
>>  One question remains, I've build squeak on linux several times at least a
>>  year ago and if I remember correctly external plugins would become library
>>  ".so" files. I couldn't find any libs in the App folder
>
>Like Andrew says, maybe there aren't any.  OTOH, last time I looked (a
>very long time ago) MacOS X called them ".dl" instead of ".so".  They
>might be lurking under a different name.
>
>Ian

Plugins for Squeak are carbon bundles. *.bundle

If you look at
ftp://ftp.squeakfoundation.org/official-dist/3.2gamma/mac/carbonplugins/

you'll find

PrintJobPlugin.bundle.sit	17K	StuffIt Archive	Fri, Feb 22,
2002, 9:45 AM
SqueakFFIPrims.bundle.sit	59K	StuffIt Archive	Fri, Feb 1,
2002, 8:08 AM
TestOSAPlugin.bundle.sit	14K	StuffIt Archive	Tue, Mar 19,
2002, 9:03 AM
mpeg3Plugin.bundle.sit

All other plugins are build as internal.

Best to look at

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/squeak/squeak/platforms/Mac%20OS/plugins/PrintJobPlugin/

for the print job plugin

See PrintJobPlugin.pbproj.sit  for the project builder required to
build that plugin.