[BUG] Preferences hanging on to obsolete classes

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 29 04:47:50 UTC 2002

I'm continuing this thread in the Squeak mailing list to bring home to
people just how confusing things can be in the X world (and how really
really nice it is to have a Squeak I can trust...)

Ian Piumarta wrote helpfully:
	Unless there is some compelling reason not to, use xterm instead (AFAIK
	it's bundled with openwin -- if you haven't got one, I'll mail one to
	you).  Then either pass "-leftbar" when starting xterm or put

		xterm*rightScrollBar: false

	in your `.Xresources'.

The only reason I use dtterm is that that's what I got by default.
However, the /usr/openwin/bin/xterm that comes with Solaris 2.8 does not
accept a -leftbar command line option, nor does 'man xterm' acknowledge
the existence of a rightScrollBar resource entry.  The only version
information I can find is that the binary is dated December 16, 1999.

	(rxvt may well support the same options, if you
	really despise xterm.)

Despise xterm?  I don't even understand it.  There doesn't seem to be any
rxvt here.