Exchanging Source Code between VW5i.4 and Squeak3; BestPractice?

Martin Kobetic kobetic at rogers.com
Tue Jul 30 14:05:36 UTC 2002

CVST is supposed to be a perfect fit for this. Note that the goal with CVST is not just occasional code exchange between dialects,
but it is aimed at actual team development using CVS in a cross-dialect environment. It is still quite far from perfect, but I think
it can already do a decent job.
At CS4 in Colorado we've made a great progress, Bryan Hogan has built a VisualAge port and Steve Waring and Jerry Bell have built a
Dolphin port. And we have tuned the SIF toolkit to produce the exact same SIF output from VA, Dol and VW, which is quite important
if you want to avoid tons of little false differences in the CVS repository. This was all released as version 0.7 and is available
from http://cvstproj.sf.net. Unfortunately we didn't have any avid Squeaker in our group so the Squeak port is still at version 0.6
and needs to catch up (any takers ?).
Also, so far the only port with GUI tools is VW, so I would recommend to start looking at that one. And if you have any questions
just ask in the cvstproj-devel mailing list (cc-ed above).

Martin