Does *anyone* use MVC? (was: Re: [BUG?] weird behaviour of MVC in Squeak 3.2)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Jul 31 22:37:49 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 03:21 pm, Aaron wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Scott Wallace wrote:
> > But is it really true that there are actually *no* MVC
> > practitioners using either Squeak 3.2 or 3.3a , no one at all,
> > except Boris?
>
> What reasons would an MVCer have to move to a newer version? With
> the exception of modules in 3.3a, almost everything being done in
> Squeak versions newer than maybe 2.6 (maybe farther back?) have to
> do with improvements/additions to Morphic or tools with
> Morphic-only interfaces. There hasn't been much in the way of
> enhancements to the core or super new libraries, &c.  I may be
> wrong, but this is what i've noticed.

There are a number of enhancements and bug fixes to the tools.The
Process Browser runs under MVC. The FileList has been improved. There
are improvements to the basic classes (Async file support, exceptions
(a biggie), etc., etc.)

Some of the new Morphic tools (like the ArchiveViewer) will run in
MVC; so unless you've actually gotten rid of Morphic, you can use
them too.

I use MVC for development on my NEC MobilePro 770 (131MHz MIPS) since
I find Morphic to be very slow on it.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com