Squeak lockup

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Jun 1 22:51:30 UTC 2002

Peter Robin <peterr at netspeed.com.au> wrote:
> I am running Squeak 3.1 (updated to latest updates) on Mandrake Linux
> 8.2.  I'm finding that everything is fine after I set up an image, then
> a day or two later it seems to lock up and starts using 98% of the cpu.

This might happen if you run out of memory.  Does it lock up while you
are using it, or while it is idle?

You can increase the memory using the -memory flag or the SQUEAK_MEMORY
environment variable.  (I increased the default on the SourceForge VM,
because I seemed to not have a single image that could run happily in
the old default.)

Incidentally, I tend to run Squeak for weeks without this kind of error.
 So, it can be done!

Lex