Accessing Morphs as objects

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jun 5 01:44:53 UTC 2002

	> Sorry but I can't get it:
	> I open the Supplies flap, choose a Playfield - then I can drag OVER
	> the Workspace window, but not ONTO it.
	> Nothing happens, even if I open the TRanscript window. Occurs the
	> bindig silent - how can I check what name has been referenced to
	> the morph?

Here's a detailed example that works in Squeak 3.0.1.
1. Create a workspace.
2. The title bar reads (X, [], Workspace, O) from left to right.
   The thing just after the X (the black []) brings up a menu.
   Click on it.
3. Now you have a menu that (in 3.0.1) reads
    change title...
    send to back
    make next-to-topmost
    make unclosable
    make undraggable
    full screen
    window color...
    save contents to file...
    start accepting dropping morph for reference
   Select the last item.  (Next time you bring up this menu this item will
   read "cease accepting dropping mor for reference".)
4. Somewhere else, use World menu|new morph... to create a morph.
   I created a StarMorph (from alphabetical list|S - S|StarMorph).
5. Now drag the new morph onto the workspace.
   When I did this, I saw shown
    star3516
6. Now you can do things like
    star3516 heading: 10