Reality Check

Roger Vossler rvossler at qwest.net
Wed Jun 5 15:31:35 UTC 2002

Hi Gang,

Since there appears to be little or no activity on the squeakfoundation
list,
I would like to receive some information concerning the following
questions.

Question 1: Is the Squeak World Tour (SWT), aka SqSt, dead or alive?
When I posted this question to the squeakfoundation list, I received one
reply that indicated that Stable Squeak was a dead duck.

Question 2: Are the ModSqueak and Ginsu projects dead or alive? I'm
assuming that if nothing is happening with SWT, nothing is happening
on this front either. True?

Question 3: Since Henrik Gedenryd is no longer the driver behind the
SqC-endorsed Modules Project, is SqC taking over this effort or is
some other party expected to step forward and drive this effort?

Question 4: Is the Squeak Foundation effort dead or alive? After
reviewing
the squeakfoundation mail list archives, I see that there was a burst of
activity back in May/June 2001 when the notion of a Squeak Foundation
was launched, but this was followed by six months of apparent low
activity.
Next, there was another burst of activity during January/February 2002
and not much apparent activity since then. Is anything happening behind
the scene that is not apparent to us folks out here in Lurker Land? Is
anything happening at all concerning the Squeak Foundation?

Thanks for any information concerning the above.

Cheers, Roger....