Antwort: Mixed feelings

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Fri Jun 7 17:21:46 UTC 2002

Just musing...

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Kamil Kukura wrote:
> Boris_Gaertner at msg.de wrote:
> > I agree that the Object protocol became huge over time. Methods like
> > #beep are not really necessary, but they are convenient.
>
> And it will be bigger by time. For example, existence of method
> Object>>asHtmlDocumentForRequest: indicates that we can just expect more

Sounds like a job for subject-oriented programming.  A proof-of-concept
could be hacked together in no time using #dNU: and #valueForRcvr:args:,
but a little VM support would make it almost as efficient as normal send.

(The mechanisms are very similar to those needed for bullet-proof proxies:
two for the price of one...)

Ian