Killer Application (was: Squeak Foundation)

Karl Goiser kgoiser at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jun 8 11:15:08 UTC 2002

>- Squeak lacks a killer application. It hurts Squeak because when you become
>aware of a killer application you instantly become aware of the underlying
>infra-structure.

It is my belief that Squeak's "unique" user interface means a killer
application will never be built using it.  I cannot believe that
anybody in their right mind would try to distribute an application
that would look so "different" compared to the straight and narrow
of, e.g., the Mac or Windows look and feel.

On the other hand, when you think about it, isn't Squeak itself the
'killer app'?

Karl