[OT]Mac OS-X irritatingly slow on G3 pBook

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Sat Jun 8 19:05:18 UTC 2002

Hi Tim,
My iBook was unbearably slow for many operations until I updated to
10.1.5, which includes optimizations for the graphics card found in G3
Powerbooks and iBooks. Also the Cocoa Squeak VM is written in such a
manner that it blocks too often on event requests from the OS... or at
least that is my general guess.

Hope this helps,
~