Killer Application (was: Squeak Foundation)

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Sat Jun 8 22:22:06 UTC 2002

PhiHo,

> Thanks for mentioning this. I wanted to ask, why is it so
> bloated (do you have to drag the themes _and_ bitmaps INTO the
> HOLY_IMAGE ;-)

No, you don't *have* to drag the themes and bitmaps into the image. You are
welcome to rewrite the package if you feel it is bloated, though I would
suggest that you start from scratch and come up with a better bloatless
design.

> > When you unzip the files into your image directory,
>
> Do I have to follow to the letters, i.e, unzipping to the image
> directory ?

No, you don't have to follow the directions. However, if you don't follow
the directions, you will get a lot of empty files, and the changeset will
not file in correctly. However, if you don't follow the directions it does
help with the bloat factor.

After you create the new image and changes file, you can save them to
another directory and delete the build directory and files. As you know,
this is a development project still in testing, and others have requested
that all of the source files be made available. Therefore, all of the files
for a build from scratch are included.

Jim