Antwort: Mixed feelings

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 10 03:52:14 UTC 2002

On Saturday, June 8, 2002, at 08:26  PM, Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
> My first impression of Squeak was: Object is too big.  It is too big!
> It holds too much.
I'm inclined to agree that rather a lot has crept in there but note that
it doesn't affect any operational aspect of Object. Barring, of course,
some possible concerns with hash related issues.

> Only UI objects can beep.
Not at all; this is a perfectly reasoanble thing for any object to have
access to, though personally I'd prefer to see use of something like
'Beeper beep' over actually putting beep in Object.

>   Not every object wants to know how to present itself in HTML.
Depends on your web framework. PWS/Comanche/Swikie/etc actually allow
any object to present itself to the browser user. To do that you have to
have some sort of interface up in Object to make sure it will work. Why
would we want to only allow some objects in our webbrowsing?

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu