Morphic documentation

Sergei Gnezdov sgnezdov at pobox.com
Tue Jun 11 05:30:52 UTC 2002

I spent a lot of time reading tutorials on morphic.  All I can find is a
small bits of information about layouts, windows, some widgets, events.  My
biggest problem is that I don't want to go through 10 introductory
tutorials on how to create a morphic project, drop several components into
it and then modify a value to be displayed.  Tutorials are great to see how
easy things can be done.  There is nothing to look at after tutorial has
been finished.

There are a lot of morphs.  What is the diffence between different
morphs.  Yes, star morph is cool.  What do I do with it?  Why do I need
it?  In a category windows there are 23 items.  9 items are different
pluggable windows.  I can't even count how many different variations of
*String* and *Text* morph can be found.  I just want a simple label!   How
about a simple edit field?  What about drop down list.  How in a world do I
put components in a single window?  Which window among 23 items is the
right one?

Is there anything close to a complete documentation about most important
components?
How are these components intended to be used?

A lot of things look very nice.  It seems that I can try things quickly
from scrapbook/workspace, but it is not much fun to try every widget and
execute every method and see what happens.
May be I am too picky, but it takes a lot of time to investigate what every
component does.

01:30 AM

	Sergei