best XML parser

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Jun 12 01:16:22 UTC 2002

Rob Whitfield wrote:

> Are you familiar with YAXO and the example cases provided? In particular
> the example:
>
>          XMLDOMParser parseDocumentFromFileNamed: 'examples\dream.xml'.
>
> When I set a "halt"  in parseDocumentFrom: method of the XMLDOMParser class
> and examine class variables I don't see anything remotely like a
> hierachical structure representing the XML elements.

XMLDOMParser>>parseDocumentFrom: aStream
	^(super parseDocumentFrom: aStream) document

The first part invokes the actual parsing and returns the parser. The
document method then returns the extracted DOM structure.

I just tried it in a vanilla 3.3 image (inspected/explored your example
expression) and it worked fine...

Michael