Antwort: Mixed feelings

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jun 12 02:35:12 UTC 2002

	If it helps...
	  http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/devel/SOP.1.cs

Oh, the text was sufficiently readable without the line terminators
that I was able to type it in by hand and try it out.

It worked, and I understood how it worked, but I don't understand
the general concept it's an instance of.  Care to explain further?

	PS: Did you try the "-optmod 1 -cmdmod 4" thing on your Sun keyboard?

Let's see.
(0) Reading and answering mail.
(1) Marking (yes, it's end of semester exam time here).
(2) Formulating and solving problems for the New Zealand Programming Contest.
    [I do wish people were allowed to use Smalltalk and/or Haskell for these
    contests as well as Pascal, C, C++, and Java.  I mean, the international
    programming contests are sponsored by IBM, and IBM _have_ a decent
    Smalltalk system, you'd think they'd welcome the chance to give it a bit
    of exposure.  I also wish, quite passionately, that people would NOT
    send me documents in Microsoft Word .DOC format.]
(3) Paperwork for a new PhD student. (I'll be learning from him, not the
    other way around!  He's smart, industry experienced, and determined.)
(4) Consulting for a company in another city.
    (Peanuts.  It's peanuts, I tell you. Oook ook eek!)
(5) Trying to put in some time on a data mining project.
(6) Some of my time is being called for on a natural language generation
    project, but that's currently at the bottom of my pile.

Put it this way, I'm looking forward to trying it, but right now I haven't
been able to find the time.