Idea to get money in Squeak community

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jun 18 08:39:14 UTC 2002

Hi

Right now even if we want to give money to Squeak we cannot. There is no
place where I can support Squeak by paying a kind of shareware fee or even
to get a CD with all the Squeak material. In the school of my wife they
are paying around 1000 $ for office and they don't use it so I do not see
why they would not like to get a good cd with the major release on it.

This is the same here at the University we could support Squeak but at
least there should be a way to give money. I hope that ESUG will not lose
money this year and that we will be able to give the purcentage we
promised to Squeak. But at the minimum we need  to be able to do that.

I'm fed up to see that people are afraid to make money with Squeak because
this could
be a problem for SqueakC. Alan said it was not.

So are the German Squeakers in the mood to get money? I can send you the
cd with all the material I collected.
Tansel what are your plans?

Stef

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)